Shrubs are so useful we often take them for granted rather than rave about their benefits
There's a trend away from naturalistic perennials and grasses to shrubs providing accent, structure and texture to the garden.
- structure for the garden – they are the backdrop and backbone of every garden
- shelter for smaller and tender plants
- habitats for wildlife
- value for money, giving years of pleasure - and all year round
- enormous pleasure – many are perfumed and loads have beautiful flowers
- are ideal for containers
- come in a range of colour and foliage
- define space, especially if they are clipped for hedges and edges or featured in large pots
- can be shaped for interest – standards, topiary, clipped balls and pyramids
- are low maintenance – easy care, save effort and time, most just require a light trim
There are shrubs for every season and every use and there’s a multitude of ways you can display them in store. Display by end use; create hot spots of stunning stock; shout about their easy going nature and many benefits through signs; offer a selection of shrubs in a range of containers ‘easy care and ready to go;’ write about them in newsletters and promote with social media. Remember your garden care products for add-value sales too. The bottom line is - increased sales – especially contributing to lifting your average sale.